We wanted to touch base and give an update as to what our plan is for reopening the doors of Aquabus Ferries. We are carefully watching how commuter traffic is evolving among other public transportation entities. It is encouraging to note that by this time the general public has largely become inured to social distancing and are gratified that Vancouverites play the game as well as anyone. Hence, we think a ’soft’ opening can be accomplished while maintaining social responsibility.
The following is an outline of steps we are taking to mitigate the risk to both our customers and our employees:
· Limited service will be completed utilizing only our larger, 20-30 seat Cyquabus’.
· Available seating will be reduced by 80%, for a maximum of 6 passenger per vessel, which will allow for on board distancing.
· The vessels will be disinfected every hour at a minimum.
· Passengers will be provided with hand sanitizer and asked to sanitize their hands before entering the vessel.
· We will continue to follow the stringent cleaning and sanitation protocols in place.
· We will offer card payment, recommending the use of the tap option whenever possible.
· Visual markers are placed on our docks to encourage social distancing in the event of a lineup.
Mandatory for returning staff:
All returning staff will be supplied with, and required to wear, gloves and masks when operating the vessels.
Operators will be instructed to disinfect their vessel hourly at a minimum.
Operators will ensure that passengers maintain a 6ft distance while onboard the vessel.
Operators will themselves practice safe social distancing by keeping a 6ft distance between staff and passengers whenever possible.
Hours of Operation: 8:30am – 5:30pm
We will provide further direction and protocols to employees and customers as the circumstances evolve. The safety and well-being of our employees is of paramount importance to us and we are excited to see our riders - safely- on the vessels again.
Thank you all for your continued patience and understanding.